Setting map projection on the Mac
One of the functions of JaVaWa GMTK is to adjust the projection angle of a map. Because the 32-bit program JaVaWa GMTK is not running under MacOS Catalina (and newer), users of that system can no longer adjust the map projection angle. With the "SetProjectionAngle" program that can be downloaded below, this problem can be solved.
It requires some manual work, because you first have to find the correct parameters yourself.
This works as follows:
- Start Garmin MapManager, select the map and click the "Reveal in Finder" button.
- Click in Finder with right button (or Ctrl + click) on the map and choose "Show Package Contents".
- Open Info.xml with a text editor. This contains the required parameters, Map ID and Product ID. The Map ID is indicated with the top red frame, the Product ID with the bottom red frame. Write down these two numbers.
- Now determine the desired latitude. This is a positive integer between 5 and 85 (the number applies to both the northern and southern hemisphere)
- Make sure that BaseCamp is closed!
- Start the SetProjectionAngle program and enter successfully the numbers for Map ID, Product ID and latitude.
The projection angle is now adjusted, check this with BaseCamp.
The projection angle can be reset by entering the value -1.