The source of this text is the (former) forum of GPS-Expert.nl
Upgrade your zūmo 590 to the zūmo 595 firmware
- Spotify support
- Garmin Adventurous Routing (with 3 slides to adjust preferences)
- Live tracking
- Better Whereto Menu
- Fatigue Warnings
- Advance Audible Rider Alerts (Animal and Railroad crossings, Schools, Curves, Slow Traffic and Speed Limit Reduction/Exceeded)
- Exchanging routes to zūmo using Garmin Smartphone Link App (uses Bluetooth).
Everything here is at your own risk! We are not liable for errors or problems arising from this procedure!
- Use a Windows computer version: 7, 8 or 10 (virtual Windows fails!)
- Stop Garmin Express
- No need to install Garmin USB Drivers
Follow these steps:
- Download the Garmin Updater program SoftwareMissing.zip.
- Unpack the zip file and delete all files, except for the Updater.exe file.
- Download TurboCCC RGN_Tool.
- Unpack the zip file and use the RGN_Tool.exe file.
- Download and extract the zūmo 595 firmware version 4.50
- Open the Zumo595_450.gcd file in the RGN_Tool and do a Save to RGN (Zumo595_450.rgn)
- Drag the Zumo595_450.rgn file to the Updater.exe and say yes to give it Administrator permissions.
- Choose for USB Device
- Take your zūmo 590 and make sure its completely switched off.
- Take your zūmo 590 and plug in the Micro USB plug into the back of the zūmo.
- Place your fingers on the left upper and left lower corner (or one finger in the lower right corner).
- Plug the USB cable into the computer.
- Wait until you see; System Loader in small font in the top of the zūmo screen (computer should do pling/plong for usb connection).
- Press OK in the Updater
- If the Updater starts to load the firmware, release your fingers from the screen.
- Be patient to let it complete.
- After updating your zūmo will restart and take a while (reading maps).
- Then it will ask you for your Country and the joy can start.
- Place your zūmo 595 next to a window to let it receive GPS signal.
- Update your zūmo with text, keyboard and other small updates using Garmin Express.
- For Spotify with zūmo 595: In bluetooth settings rename your device to zumo 595 and nothing else!
If it all fails and/or you want to revert back to the zumo 590 firmware, repeat the whole process and use the last zumo 590 firmware, which is currently the file: zumo590_330.gcd
Tip for Dutch users!
Download the original 595 files and place all three of them in your X:\Text\ folder, overwrite the old files.